I’m super ready and motivated for Monday! Wake up, work out, then off to my busy work day. Whether I’m working out, driving to/from work, or just need to simmer down, music is always a cathartic thing for me—kind of a way to detox. This is especially true for when I get supremely annoyed/angry/frustrated, so dedicate this week’s Mixtape Monday to all the people out there who through their words, actions, or lack there of, put you down and out.
More than once this past week I wanted to say some not very nice, but well deserved things to people who were less than nice to me. However, it’s always better to take a breath, listen to some music, simmer down, and take the high road. Throw on some music in your headphones and dedicate it to everyone who is bothering you and trust me, you’ll feel better.
Consequently, this is also an awesome mix to work out to.
- “Ain’t it Fun” – Paramore (Side note: Hayley’s basically telling everyone to grow heck up and get over themselves…and I LOVE it!)
- “The Sweet Life” – Every Time I Die (Side note: I feel like Keith Buckley wrote this song about (some) Millenials.)
- “Ignorance” – Paramore
- “Interlude: Moving On” – Paramore (Side note: Ukulele, a total no-brainer)
- “Bad Blood” – Ryan Adams (Side note: An awesome cover.)
- “Surprise, Surprise” – The Starting Line
- “Outsider” Remix – A Perfect Circle
- “Hate on Me” – Jill Scott (Side note: Jill Scott’s voice is amaaaazing)
- “Big Brat” – Phantom Planet (Side note: The song is self explanitory and also features an actor from one of my fav. Wes Anderson movies.)